- Hits: 262
Notable Graduates or Attendees of Pampa High School
- James H. Ayres (born 1937 and a 1955 graduate of Pampa High School) was a United States Air Force lieutenant colonel whose plane disappeared on January 3, 1971, over Laos. His remains were detected through mitochondrial DNA, according to Larry Greer, spokesman for The Pentagon's POW/MIA Office. His funeral was held on August 10, 2007, thirty-six years after his death. Ayres was also a graduate of Texas Tech. His widow, Brenda Ayres, lives in Dallas.
- Woody Guthrie, the songwriter, moved to Pampa with his father Charles Guthrie and attended high school there briefly. He purchased his first guitar in Pampa and painted the Harris Drug Store sign complete with his signature, which was sandblasted away in 1977.
- Kenny Hebert (born 1946), an All-American football player at the University of Houston, is a 1964 graduate of Pampa High School.
- John Jenkins, former University of Houston head football coach, and former head football coach of the Ottawa Roughriders of the Canadian Football League, is a 1970 graduate of Pampa High School and the University of Arkansas.
- Billie Wayne Lemons (1955–2008), Church of Christ minister in Lubbock and player for Cleveland Browns in 1977 1972 graduate?
- William Watkins (born 1953), CEO of the publicly-traded Seagate Technologies, is a 1971 graduate of Pampa High School.
- Cody Canada, American southern rock/alt-country artist-- moved from Pampa as a teen
- Gene Cockrell, American football player-New York Titans, Cleveland Browns, Sackatchewan Rough Riders. He was inducted into the Texas Panhandle Sports Hall of Fame in 2010.
- Ben H. Guill (1909-1994), Republican U.S. representative from Texas's 18th congressional district form 1950 to 1951-- not sure he attended Pampa schools.